Re: gEDA-user: Trouble with debian install

Hi,

	Yeah, I don't know anything about Xandros, but I highly
recommend Debian.  I did another apt-get dist-upgrade this weekend
(to testing) and as usual went down without a hitch.

	Anyways, back to your e-mail...

[snip]
>I've built geda 20030223 (inc libraries) from the tarballs exactly as
>per the instructions in the release notes with no apparent problems
>(once I'd substituted guile 1.6.3 for 1.4). However, gschem seems not to
>be able to find some libraries, as shown by the ldd output below

	Have you run ldconfig (or ldconfig -v ) recently?

	As John pointed out, /etc/ld.so.conf is used when the runtime
linker (ld.so) searches for libraries, does that file contain the
directory where these libraries live?  You can also manually set that
library search path by setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

								-Ales