Re: gEDA-user: Ngspice vs. Gnucap vs. ???

Thanks for the update.
I agree that spice licensing is vague.
I do note the UCB website advertising itself as spice's homepage
http://bwrc.eecs.berkeley.edu/Classes/IcBook/SPICE/

and links to a distribution page
http://bwrc.eecs.berkeley.edu/Classes/IcBook/tools.html

which states
The popularity of the SPICE circuit simulator has translated into
various offerings, suited for different compute platforms. SPICE3, the
latest Berkeley offering. It has the advantage of being freely
available, to support a wide variety of models, and to run on all UNIX
platforms. It is downloadable.

now what does 'freely available' mean? And the source is distributed.

john