Re: gEDA-user: Trouble with debian install

Damn,

You're fast.   Took me a  long number of months to get that about redhat
and desire to run niche market stuff like chip design/circuit design
tools.    What's Xandros got that Debian testing or unstable doesn't?
I have not learned about Xandros.   Since you're so quick on the uptake,
I'd like to know what you found out.

About your forays into compiler running:

there is an essential thing in the /etc/ld.so.conf file:

mine follows:
john@toolbench:~/taxing$ cat  /etc/ld.so.conf
/usr/lib/libc5-compat/Xaw3d
/opt/apache2/lib
/opt/geda/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/include/readline
/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf/loaders
/usr/lib/libc5-compat
/lib/libc5-compat
/usr/i486-linuxlibc1/lib
/usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/linux-gnu
/usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu
/usr/include
/usr/lib/atlas

This file allows automake/autoconf to find libraries that are called
shared or static, meaning fragments are referenced by multiple programs
= shared, one program : one reference (multiple copies ) = static.

John Griessen
Austex  451-8207