Re: gEDA-user: output scale

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:09:12 -0500
"harry eaton" <bumpelo@comcast.net> wrote:

> "Correcting drawing to reality" had better be just a matter of correcting
> for errors in the printer or photo-processess further down stream. If not,
> you'd better change the layout itself.
>
> That said, pcb's print scaling is not really intended for that purpose -
> partly because to do it properly you need separate corrections for X and Y
> scaling in most cases.

Aha.

> If you do want to make tiny adjustments to the scaling, I'd recommend simply
> adjusting the postscript scale value(s). Any pcb postscript output will have
> lines that look like:
> gsave
> 0.00072 0.00072 scale
> xxxxx  yyyyy translate
> 1.000 1.000 scale
>
> where xxxxx and yyyyy depend on your design. Simply edit the "1.000" values
> to tweak the scaling. (They are X and Y scalings).

So postscrip editing is insted for cam program.
I have to lern mor about Postcrip.

> Good luck,
> harry

For info. I manage an electronic hobby clubb called EBS here in Sweden. http://ebs.homedns.org/
And we have metings evry saturday in stockholm, and have done so for two yere.

The intension is to lern doing elecronic to hobby people. Ther are not manny left thes days. Focus is on future smd prodjekts and an to tell history of hobby elektronic.

Thanks
// Sten Björnebro