Re: gEDA-user: PCB autorouter

On Apr 11, 2004, at 10:05 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:
The trace optimizers segfault, though, in ActionDJopt(). I haven't
looked into that yet...I will recompile with -g and see if I can figure
out what's going on.
Feel free to email me (privately) the .pcb file that segfaults, if
that's OK with you, and I can try to debug it also.
Looks like, at line 2685 of djopt.c (v1.13), a member of "ls" (pointer to line_s) is assigned a value but ls itself is never initialized.

[dig dig dig]

Ahh, in v1.11 of djopt.c, ls is initialized (with a malloc()) during declaration. It was changed on 4/9 by haceaton. Putting the malloc() call back in fixes the problem, but it later blows up in add_line_to_corner(). I can look at it further, or send you my PCB file, but it bombs in the same manner using the "LED" example. Duplicate by loading the example, auto-routing it, then select "auto optimize".

Looks like there's some "work in progress" in there...sorry if this is annoying.

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire "PC users only know two 'solutions'...
Cape Coral, FL reboot and upgrade." -Jonathan Patschke