Re: gEDA-user: gnetlist: ERROR: Unbound variable: primitive-fork

Thank your for your support in helping on this issue.

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 07:14:04AM -0400, Ales Hvezda wrote:
> 	Here's something to try.  Run guile and type:
>
> primitive-fork
>
> 	at the guile> prompt.  On my machine it outputs:
>
> #<primitive-procedure primitive-fork>
>
> 	which is what I expect.  On your machine this should fail with
> an unbound variable error message.

You guessed correctly :-)

> 	If it does fail, that means that just your guile install is somehow
> fubar.  It would be interesting to _just_ rebuild guile (but don't install it),
> point gschem and friends at the build directories (at runtime, without
> a gEDA rebuild) and see if that fixes the problem.  Doing this is
> fairly easy.
>
> 	Rebuilding guile is as simple as (should be):
>
> 	tar xvfz guile-1.6.4.tar.gz
> 	cd guile-1.6.4
> 	./configure
> 	make

I did as you suggested ... but it is not yet working, I mean that I still get the same error message. What exactly did you mean with "point gschem and friends at the build .."? I understood that I should set:
$ export GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/home/berni/guile-1.6.4

After doing this, I still get:
: guile> primitive-fork
: <unnamed port>: In expression primitive-fork:
: <unnamed port>: Unbound variable: primitive-fork
: ABORT: (unbound-variable)
:
: Type "(backtrace)" to get more information or "(debug)" to enter the debugger.
: guile>

and, possibly more surprising, I get an error message when querying the load
path:
: guile> (%load-path)
: standard input:1:1: In expression (%load-path):
: standard input:1:1: Wrong type to apply: ("/home/berni/guile-1.6.4/" "/usr/share/guile/site" "/usr/share/guile/1.6" "/usr/share/guile" ".")
: ABORT: (misc-error)
:
: Type "(backtrace)" to get more information or "(debug)" to enter the debugger.

Could this "wrong type to apply" be related to the "primitive-fork" error??

Berni