gEDA-user: Connect vias to ground plane with no thermal

I am currently in the process of designing a single board computer using gschem and pcb. The board will be 4 layer with ground and power planes inside and signals outside. Since it contains mostly surface mount parts with a short trace to the via, I would like to be able to directly connect a via to the ground plane. Does anyone know if this is possible? I have found how to turn off thermals for the entire ground plane, but this shorts it to other vias like 3.3V. I could do this with the commercial package I had been using before (Cadsoft Eagle).

When I get done I plan on putting all of the files on my website under the GPL so anyone can build one. It is based on the Atmel AT91RM9200 and has 32MB SDRAM, a compact flash socket, 10/100 ethernet, USB, serial ports and a FPGA.

Thanks to everyone involved it the gEDA and pcb projects. This project would not have been possible without them. There is very little I have found gEDA and pcb could not do. Better support for buses in gschem would be nice, but that is all I can think of.

Darrell Harmon