gEDA-user: Placing parts in 3D with PCB?

I'm doing a board layout where I have a 4x4 keypad:

http://embrace.grayhill.com/embrace/IMAGES/PDF/D-06-09.pdf

To get the connector and the mounting holes all in the right place
I've made it as a part foot print.

However in reality the part is mounted via standoffs, only the four
mounting holes and the eight holes for the pins actually touch
the board.  The rest of the circuit is under the keypad on the board.

What is the right way to handle something like this?

A related off-topic question:

Does anyone know where you can buy a 4x4  keypad that has
2-of-8 encoding?  These where typical of Touch Tone keypads.

The advantage of 2-of-8 is there is no need to scan it like a X-Y,
so there is no EMI, and you can make it be a static system, unlike
the dynamic scanning of X-Y.

GrayHill made them years ago, but they no longer make them.
Does any one else make them off the shelf today?

--
                    http://www.softwaresafety.net/
       http://www.unusualresearch.com/ http://www.bpaddock.com/