Re: gEDA-user: Gerber -> PCB ?

On Friday 23 April 2004 09:16 pm, Karel Kulhavý wrote:

> Is there a simple way how to write a script that takes a Gerber file
> and makes something that makes sense and can be loaded into PCB?
> However it could maybe be possible to import the image into some unused
> layer and then leave the operator to manually replace it with real
> footprint on real layer (and moving all lines by move-to-layer command).

CIRCAD from http://www.holophase.com/ has a mode like this.

It works by showing a transparent layer that you then draw over.

I wonder if there is a way to use XOSD, or something simular,
to do the transparent layer on top of PCB?

XOSD can be found here:
http://www.ignavus.net/

--
                    http://www.softwaresafety.net/