Re: gEDA-user: from gschem to pcb

> Hi gEDA user,
> Ive got following question:
> If I run gsch2pcb - the program finds the m4 footprints, but not the new
>   Luciani/my selfmade footprints.
> I put the new footprints in a sub-folder of my project, named
> "packages"...does gsch2pcb not search automaticly in this folder?

You need to tell gsch2pcb where to look.

Create a file called "projectrc" (or something) in your project
directory.   In this file place the following :

schematics schematic_file_name.sch
m4-pcbdir /path/to/pcb/m4
elements-dir ./packages
output-name pcb_file_name

where you make the appropriate name substitutions to fit your
particular project.

Then run gsch2pcb:

gsch2pcb projectrc

And gsch2pcb will find your newlib footprints.

> How can I define, that gsch2pcb and after that pcb itself has to use
> only my new footprints?

If you want only newlib footprints, then don't specify m4-pcbdir in
teh above projectrc file.

Tscheussle,

Stuart