Re: gEDA-user: gschem hierarchy

On Apr 6, 2005 5:39 PM, handsome greg <xdissent@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> how could you make a "filter" schematic, which is repeated say 10
> times in a "filter bank" schematic.  finally, how could you make 2
> "filter banks" show up in the main schematic (block diagram basically)
> - one for each channel?  is this sort of thing possible?

I haven't messed with the hierarchy stuff in a while, but if you want
to use the same underlying schematic file for each filter, you might
have to live with hierarchical reference designators in the output
netlist. That is, a cap in the first filter might be "F1/C1", and in
the next filter, the same corresponding component might be "F2/C1". So
far, I haven't seen support for renumbering the components into a flat
namespace, unless you want to create separate files for each
subschematic. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

But, as Piotr pointed out, the gTAG example shows how you can create a
schematic with unique blocks in the top-level schematic.

--
- Charles Lepple