gEDA-user: is this correct? in pcb autorouter new lines does'nt erase polygons ?

Hello group,
excuse, if I ask, but I'm not sure to do it right:
I like to fill my layout with a polygon - to reduce EMV - but If I use the autorouter, then the auto-routet lines does'nt erase the place and insulation for new lines.

The box "new lines erase polygons" is marked and it works with hand made lines, but not with auto-routed.
Is there a bug?

And by the way: Is there a hint, how I can optimize the conditions for auto-routing? I've got the feeling the distance between the auto-routed lines is much much more than set in the box "define board size", so that it is able to auto-route only a small part of the lines, which would be possible..

With best regards
Manfred