Re: gEDA-user: Suse 9.2 Geda 20050329 Install Problems

Ok making major Progress,
I used rpm to remove guile version 1.6.4
made sure there were no other instances of guile anywhere on my system.
then downloaded the guile 1.6.7 guile tarball from the geda website.

Now magically libgeda builds and installs, hoorahh! thank you Stuart!
I built it from within ~/geda-sources installed by the CD
I did ./configure --prefix /home/ed/geda-install
make
make install
no problems

So now I go to the source of geda-gschem
but when I do ./configure --prefix /home/ed/geda-install
I get this:

checking for libgeda >= 20050313... Requested 'libgeda >= 20050313' but versionof libgeda is 20040111
configure: error: Cannot find libgeda (or libgeda.pc), please install libgeda

I get this from pkg-config
> pkg-config libgeda --modversion
20040111

So any ideas whats going on here, somehow configure is seeing the old 20040111 libgeda which is what I had previously installed, anyway to make it see the new libgeda that I just installed? I have a feeling that if I used the install script from the CD it would probably fly now, however I am at home, computers at work, and I am building across the net. I stupidly didn't leave the CD in the drive like I thought. :(

Again thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Stuart Brorson wrote:

Stuart Brorson wrote:

Another user had the same problem:

http://www.mail-archive.com/geda-dev@xxxxxxxx/msg03827.html

It apparently has to do with guile. Do you have both guile-1.4 and
guile-1.6 installed? Your configure script thinks you have 1.6, but
sometimes libtool (used by gcc) has a different idea. Therefore, if
you have any traces of guile-1.4 lurking anywhere (e.g. from an old
install), you should hunt them down and kill them.

Your problem is guile, not GTK. Clean out all the old guile stuff;
look everywhere for it, sometimes it gets installed in several places.

Stuart