gEDA-user: PCB square pin suggestion

I suggest the copper cutout (clearance) around a square pin would be
done as a square with rounded corners. I. e. growing the shape of the
rectangle by the clearance. Now it's made as a sharp rectangle.

For example if you have a square pin which is completely included in
(obscured, overlapped by) a thick line then the square pin generates
notches in the surrounding copper.

If my suggestion is not difficult to implement then it would mean
more freedom when designing groundplanes because this notch can cut a
groundplane in two.

It would be also easier to place lines and polygons because with round
pins, the cutout shows the pin DRC clearance. With rectangular not
because it shows more than the pin DRC clearance.

CL<