Re: gEDA-user: Keep Out Layer/Line

> I mean: can the coding for making keepouts be done in such a way as
> to also work for exluding solder mask?

Well, there's two parts to that answer.

The design change needed to support layers-that-aren't-copper
*should*, if done correctly, be expandable to all non-copper layers.
This would include keepouts, a true outline layer, anti-mask,
documentation layers, etc.

However, a keep-out layer is primarily concerned with the autorouter
and autoplacer; drawing it on the screen is trivial but the exporters
really don't need to know about it.

The other new layers (anti-mask etc) require changes to the
draw/export modules.