Re: gEDA-user: PCB: background image

> I just noticed, that mechanicals in datasheets are sometimes in an
> integer scale, eg. 4:1. It could be very handy to see an image of
> the mechanicals in the background in PCB when drawing the
> footprint. And if I could see there a page of my PDF without copying
> the image to an external file...

http://www.delorie.com/pcb/bg-image.html

You'll have to copy the image to a separate image file, though.  Use a
screen grab utility to grab the part you're interested in.  I'm not
sure what the best way is to guarantee that the image is the proper
scale, though.  Might want to fiddle with printing that page to a file
to get a known pixels per inch.

IMHO you're far better off not relying on the photo for exact
placement.