gEDA-user: simulation advice

OK, now that I have the slightest inkling of an idea of what I'm
doing, I thought I would ask for some direction...

I want to model a fairly simple circuit consisting of a handful of R's
and C's, a transistor, a diode, a couple of microphones (which I'm
planning on modeling as current sinks), and a couple of switches.  I
want to measure the simulated voltages at a couple of points in the
circuit as a function of how the switches are set.  If I could see the
range of voltages over temperature and tolerances of the parts, that
would be icing on the cake.

It's the "couple of switches" part that I'm not too sure about (as
well as the "over temperature and tolerances").  From what I've
learned, I think I might want to perform an OP analysis, but I'm not
sure.  I can figure out how to model one of the switches as a PULSE
current source or two (switching between the current draw of one
microphone, zero, and the other microphone), but I'm not sure how to
model an on/off switch.  I think if I go that route, I would want to
perform a TRAN analysis instead of an OP.  Does that sound right?

Is this where I might want to use Gnucap over ngspice?  Does it offer
scripting capabilities that I might want to use?

How do folks use the simulation tools in real life?  Do you do things
like this?  Am I (as is somewhat typical of me) trying to use a tool
meant to be a power saw as if it were a hammer?

--wpd