Re: gEDA-user: TwoStageAmp example

> Also, FWIW, the 3-29 snapshot crashes when I try to analyze
> the netlist from Stuarts TwoStageAmp example... at least it
> does when I try to run the version I built today. I have,
> perhaps, attached the netlist for your review. If it works
> fine for you, then I'll try rebuilding and paying more
> attention to what's going on.

Any crash is a bug, but it didn't crash for me.  Your commands
are incorrect.  Mine acted as expected for the input you gave.

You did not supply "Simulation.cmd". I made an empty one.

Oops -- sorry 'bout that chief. It might be attached here (renamed as Simulation.cmdx since gmail won't let me attach it named as "Simulation.cmd"). Perhaps that is what caused the segmentation fault -- or perhaps it is something in my build environment (a standard FC6 box, Gnucap configured only with a --prefix option).

> Here's what crashes for me:
>
> $ ~/local/bin/gnucap spice.netlist.wpd
> gnucap> plot ac v(Vout)
> gnucap> ac dec 1Hz 1MegHz
>
> #Freq
> Segmentation fault

1.  You need to do "op" before "ac".  This is a difference
between gnucap and spice.  If you don't your AC results will be
an accurate representation of what the circuit does with the
power off.  AC uses the last operating point from op, dc, or
tran.  Spice always forces an op, and uses it to set up for AC.
The gnucap way is more flexible.  It adds capabilities that are
important to an analog designer.

Yeah, I noticed that when I reread the documentation. So I tried the "op" and got the same segmentation fault. If it still doesn't crash for you, then I'll dig into it on my end.

Thanks again for the help.

--wpd