Re: gEDA-user: TwoStageAmp example

Here's what crashes for me:

$ ~/local/bin/gnucap spice.netlist.wpd
gnucap> plot ac v(Vout)
gnucap> ac dec 1Hz 1MegHz

#Freq
Segmentation fault

1. You need to do "op" before "ac".

I was thinking about this during my morning commute. It's fine that Gnucap wants an op performed before doing anything else. However, it shouldn't segfault if the user forgets or doesn't know this. Rather, Gnucap should do a check before running an analysis to verify that the operating point has already been computed and is known. If it's unknown, then Gnucap should print out a warning like "No operating point -- you probably need to run op".

2. The AC line is incorrect.  The "Hz" is ignored, so you asked
for 1 step per decade, with a start frequency of 1 meg, no stop
frequency.  It assumes the stop frequency is also 1 meg, so you
get a single point.

Perhaps this is what caused the segfault? Again, a little args checking prior to running an analysis would help clean this stuff up.

Maybe I'll take this up as a project during the upcoming code sprint.

Stuart