Re: gEDA-user: simulation advice

With gnucap you can use "fault", "modify", "param" to
interactively change component values.  You can also sweep them
with the "DC" command.  Spice can sweep sources.  Gnucap can
sweep any single value.

How about .. "R1 (2 4) foo"

param foo=10k
op
param foo=47l
That sounds _exactly_ like what I was looking for.  Having played a
little more with Gnucap, I have a few more beginner's questions...

1) How would I model a switch?
2) Did I forget a switch when I built Gnucap that would enable an X
windows plot, or does Gnucap only support ASCII plots?
3) I fetched the spice model for an MMBT3640 from Fairchild, and saw
that my simple circuit loaded up in ngspice, but when I attempt to
load it in Gnucap, I get:

* gnetlist -g spice-sdb -s -o mictest.ckt mictest.sch
.MODEL  MMBT3640  PNP   LEVEL = 1   IS    = 1.41E-15   ISE
                 ^ ? no match

(Note that the "^ ? no match" points to the word PNP in the line above.

Does this mean I need to "attach" to an ngspice model somehow?  If so, how?

Once again, thank you for your patience and your help.

--wpd