Re: gEDA-user: TwoStageAmp example

On 4/3/07, al davis <ad136@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 03 April 2007 09:20, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> >> Here's what crashes for me:
> >>
> >> $ ~/local/bin/gnucap spice.netlist.wpd
> >> gnucap> plot ac v(Vout)
> >> gnucap> ac dec 1Hz 1MegHz
> >>
> >> #Freq
> >> Segmentation fault
> >
> > 1. You need to do "op" before "ac".
>
> I was thinking about this during my morning commute. It's
> fine that Gnucap wants an op performed before doing anything
> else. However, it shouldn't segfault if the user forgets or
> doesn't know this.

It doesn't segfault for me.

Does it segfault with the Simulation.cmd from Stuart's example?  If
not, I'll try to figure out why it does for me.  If so, I'll still
probably try to figure out what's going on, but you will probably have
fixed that problem, added 13 new features, and taken a vacation in the
mean time :-)

He is using a development snapshot, the equivalent of a CVS
checkout.

Should I (especially as a simulation newbie) not be using the
development snapshot?  I grabbed that one when I discovered that the
0.34 version installed by yum wouldn't load my spice netlist.  Looking
around now, I see that I should have followed the "Old versions" link
on the webpage instead of the "Development releases" link, and I could
be playing with 0.35 instead.

--wpd