Re: gEDA-user: Update: Looking for a project

Jason Aron wrote:
Hey anyone...

Ok - here's what I've heard for project ideas (and some commentary or questions):

1) AM modulator to interface Sirius satellite radio with a Atwater Kent console radio
I get the idea that you want something like this: (except this transmits FM instead of AM). The input is either a USB-stick or an audio jack (from satellite radio) and the output is a transmitted radio signal. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4956678
Interesting project, and it probably wouldn't be too hard. Let me know if this is what you're thinking about.

I was thinking just the audio jack input. A basic modulator should be very simple and I should probably just take the hour or so and build it. I got a bit side tracked with thinking it would be fun to make it digitally tuned.

-Dan