Re: gEDA-user: pcb load error

Craig Niederberger wrote:
Hi all, I'm loading a pcb file generated on one workstation into another. Both are running pcb 1.99v. I'm getting this error:

ERROR parsing file '/home/craign/gaf/projects/bike/bike.pcb'
    line:        13

Line 13 looks to be
Flags("rubberband,nameonpcb,autodrc")

Any idea what the problem could be?

yes. 1.99v means you built from cvs sources sometime after the 20070208 snapshot and before the following snapshot (which hasn't happened yet). But it does not mean they are precisely the same. In other words the 1.99* versions are coarsely numbered.

It looks like string flags instead of numeric flags went in on March 4th of 2007.

So the short answer is one of your installed pcb's is slightly older than the other and the file format was extended.

I've had code in place for a while for pcb to include a FileVersion entry at the top of the .pcb file and tell you if your version of pcb is too old to read that version of the .pcb file. The intention was that we'd turn on actually writing out the version on the next file format change but since the format changed without us enabling that, I went ahead and enabled it.

-Dan