Re: gEDA-user: home-made dremel "drill press"

> > I'm still dreaming of a CNC machine.
> You mean as a "fun project"?

Partly.  I do woodworking too, so a CNC platform would have multiple
uses.

> Sure.  That plus some kind of x-y carriage...  Are you aiming at
> super low cost for free-publishing and buildable by almost all?

I have no definite plans at the moment.

> the rake angle of your drills sometimes are pulling the material in
> closer and cause an oscillation or a pull around the pivot point
> your one hand creates if you slip some...

I use the same technique I use for scroll sawing - one finger on each
side of the drill.

> I don't know if your carbide PCB bits pull or not at the moment.

They seem to go where I want them.  The deviation of the bit itself is
far less than the alignment accuracy of the two halves of the board.
Off by 10 mil or so - this is my first try at double sided, I need to
try a few techniques and see which is most accurate.

I'm thinking of switching from toner transfer to photomask.  Then, I
can drill the board first and use the holes to line up the print.