Re: gEDA-user: What is a good name for a free/open source EDA group on USENET?

On 4/24/07, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Why not sci.electronics.cad.open ?

Contrast to s.e.open, which would be about open source electronics,
not open source eda programs.

Not a bad idea. For some reason I have been stuck with the idea that if I would name a group sci.electronics.cad.open, then no posting should take place in sci.electronics.cad. I think somebody argued that messages should only be posted into leaf nodes, and I, for some reason, found this sensible. I checked and found that there were messages posted to sci.electronics as late as April 2005, but now no new messages can be posted to sci.electronics.

If creating sci.electronics.cad.open would lead to the need for a new
sibling group to discuss non-open cad, I think my mission will fail.

--
Svenn