Re: gEDA-user: Problem Compiling geda/gaf

Felipe Balbi wrote:
Hi Dan,

It's here the entire file...

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by configure, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.61.  Invocation command line was

this is one difference. You have 2.61 and I have an older 2.59. Just to be 100% sure, you did run ./autogen.sh (if you are building from cvs sources)? Any you didn't get any errors there?

configure:22494: checking for pkg-config
configure:22512: found /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
configure:22525: result: /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
configure:22663: checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0
configure:22666: result: yes
configure:22677: checking for GLIB24
configure:22682: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "glib-2.0 >= 2.4.0"
configure:22685: $? = 0
configure:22695: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "glib-2.0 >= 2.4.0"
configure:22698: $? = 0
configure:22722: error: Cannot find glib 2.4.x, install it and rerun
./configure.

PKG_CONFIG='/usr/local/bin/pkg-config'

and again, to be sure about this one, /usr/local/bin/pkg-config is the pkg-config which got called when you ran it alone to check for glib right?

One thing I'm noticing here that seems a bit off is that looking at configure.ac, it should check for gtk after pkg-config and then glib _after_ gtk. Not that the order should particularly matter except I don't know why it is doing things in the wrong order for you. Besides looking at configure.ac, I've verified that the configure script I have does in fact do pkg-config, then gtk, then glib.

So perhaps you have a broken 'configure'.  You might try this:

rm configure
./autogen.sh
Note any warnings/errors from autogen.sh, re-run (yet again) ./configure and if it is still broken, gzip configure and send it to me and I'll take a look inside there and see if I see anything wierd. It is possible that we need to improve some quoting or something in configure.ac to work with new autoconf, but I'd say that is a long shot.

On 4/25/07, Dan McMahill <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Felipe Balbi wrote:
> Same output here:
>
> :~$ pkg-config --errors-to-stdout --print-errors "glib-2.0 >= 2.4.0"
> :~$ echo $?
> 0
>

> Same stuff after updating right now:
>
> checking for GLIB24... configure: error: Cannot find glib 2.4.x,
> install it and rerun ./configure.

yuck!

ok, could you post the generated config.log?

-Dan