Re: gEDA-user: PCB SYNTAX ERROR BROKEN PIPE

On 4/25/07, Transistor Toaster <transistortoaster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just played around renaming and resaving some footprint names in my
main .sch schematic. It is quite clear that sometimes in .pcb I get PKG
while other times I get Element for the footprint.
Any ideas?
Frank

The PKG footprint names are passed to an m4 script that generate a footprint (oldlib style). The Element footprints are standalone files (newlib style). If there is an error when m4 parses the PKG name you can get the BROKEN PIPE error.

Is it possible for you to upgrade to the latest version of PCB? The
latest version
creates all of the footprints at installation so you would not receive
this error.

If upgrading is not possible you could try posting a *simple* schematic that
demonstrates the problem. Make sure you embed the symbols in the
schematic.

(* jcl *)

-- http://www.luciani.org