Re: gEDA-user: Phantom (hidden) elements on pcb

On Apr 26, 2007, at 3:07 PM, Stefan Salewski wrote:

Hello,

is it possible to have a device in gschem schematics, but not to have
this in pcb?

I have a schematic where I have an adjustable capacitor (trimmer) in
parallel to a (larger) capacitor. To build a perfect device, I will need
this trimmer, so I have it in the schematic. But I may leave it out on
the pcb (to save space and a few cents).

And in schematic I have a fuse, which I may leave out in pcb for the
same reasons.

So I have to replace the trimmer with nothing, and the fuse with a
copper trace.

Can we handle this with gEDA?

Attach a graphical=1 attribute to your trimmer, and the netlisters will ignore it.

For your fuse, that also works, but of course you must also short the nets attached to it, either by explicitly drawing a short or by giving them the same netname.

In either case, a text note in the schematic explaining the situation is a good idea.

jpd@xxxxxxxxx