gEDA-user: iverilog: Preprocessing requires \n

On 7 Apr 2007, at 7:18:42 PM, lingwitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello,

I had a bunch of parameters that I was duplicating across modules,

so I decided to replace them with macro definitions in one file.

After creating this file and including it in my other files, I kept getting

these errors:

warning: macro `include undefined (and assumed null) at this point.

Interestingly, each reported line used the last macro in the file.

Then I remembered Unix's fetish with newlines, so I added a blank

line to my macro file and voila!, everything worked again.

Should this newline be an issue?

The preprocessor fails when a directive is on the last line (on a line without a newline).

PS
Should I just submit such information in a bug report?