Re: gEDA-user: random project idea

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 09:19:50 -0500
John Griessen <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Steve Meier wrote:
> > An interesting hobbyist project might be to modify a hot plate to be
> > computer controlled with a thermal couple feed back loop to meet
> > Altera's requirements.
>
> Levente has a design for a toaster controller I think he'll share.

http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs/reflow_oven/index.html

Actually, it is an electric heater. The problem is that the heat exchange is
slow, and it can't maintain the slopes coming from the heat profile. I use a
PT100 thermo-sensor mounted on a pice of PCB (not the PCB being reflowed.)

The software is a "quck and dirty hack", and should be rewritten.

Cheers,

--
Levente
http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs