Re: gEDA-user: Converting RS274D to RS274X

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 06:45:17PM -0400, Ormund Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-04-13 at 17:53 -0400, Dan McMahill wrote:
> > ok, it was easier to find than I thought.  google for 'pads-d2x' and
> > you'll find a post to this list from our very own Larry Doolittle.

If I had remembered, I would have mentioned it myself.

> > Note
> > that as others have mentioned, there doesn't seem to be a standard
> > aperture list format used with RS274-D.  The primary thing you need to
> > do to convert from RS274-D to RS274-X is to take the aperture list that
> > goes with your RS274-D files and turn that into the codes which define
> > the apertures in RS274-X.  The other differences between D and X don't
> > really matter because I believe X has all the features of D and then some.
> >
> First thank you, but needs work.  After adding two more aperture types
> to the script and concatenating the plot data, gerbv loaded it but all I
> get is a large blob, it seems that the scale of the apertures and the
> plot data are orders of magnitude different.  I also have other files
> with very different aperture report formats, Oh well...

It was only intended as quick hack, as I guess you can sense from
the comments.  If you can make it do something useful for you, too,
that's great!  And of course, post it here so someone else can find
it again in 2011.   :-)

   - Larry