Re: gEDA-user: net labels question

On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 10:01:41 -0500, John Griessen wrote:

> al davis wrote:
>
>> The leading "+" is one of those problems.  Underscores are usually ok.
>> Embedded "+" is also sometimes a problem.  "foo+bar" ..  is that the
>> sum of foo and bar?
>
> Does everyone understand a trailing underscore as negative logic? A
> trailing * is not so hot script-wise...

Would it be very hard to make net names more robust against use of all
the characters printed on modern keyboard? Footprint names could benefit
from such robustness too. Hyphens in the footprint brought quite a bit of
frustration during my early days of geda adoption.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog