gEDA-user: syntax error

Hi,
	using PCB version 20080202 I did a fair bit of my layout and was asked
to make some large changes to the schematic.  After updating the
schematic "gschem version 1.2.1.20071231" I ran gsch2pcb a few times
after fixing my share of typos.  When at last I came to load the new.pcb
file to past buffer I got this error.

ERROR parsing file '/home/stanley82/Artwork/Controller/CPLD.new.pcb'
    line:        553

	Digging into new.pcb using gedit line 553 gives "FileVersion[20070407]"

	Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this or should I simply
junk the existing layout work and start with an empty sheet?

		Regards Ian.