Re: gEDA-user: 3 questions on a 4 layer board

> Question 1: Each "Group" will be a physical layer of copper, correct?

Yes.

> Question 2: In this a reasonable assignment, or am I missing something?

That's the stackup I use.  In general, you want the ground plan near
the signal plane with the most signals.  For surface mount, that's the
top.  For through-hole it might be the bottom.

> Question 3: I'm assuming the best way to make the power and ground
> layers are to simply flood-fill them with copper, and then the
> components will attach by the pin connections.  Is it really just
> that easy?

Yes.  Draw a rectangle keeping 25 mil away from your board outlines,
then use the thermal tool to connect pins to it as needed.