gEDA-user: 3 questions on a 4 layer board

Hi,

In PCB, looking under File->Preferences, then Layers, Groups shows four
default groups.

  Group 1 is solder, Vcc-solder, GND-solder
  Group 2 is component, Vcc-comp, GND-comp
  Group 3 is "solder side"
  Group 4 is "component side"

Question 1: Each "Group" will be a physical layer of copper, correct?

I want to make a 4-layer board with the middle two layers being ground
and power, so to my way of thinking the following is a reasonable layer
and group assignment (I'm not using any surface mount devices on this
particular board):

  Group 1: component, component side
  Group 2: GND
  Group 3: Vcc
  Group 4: solder, solder side

Question 2: In this a reasonable assignment, or am I missing something?

Question 3: I'm assuming the best way to make the power and ground
layers are to simply flood-fill them with copper, and then the
components will attach by the pin connections.  Is it really just that easy?

Thanks! --Jim