Re: gEDA-user: footprint critique request

> > The default location for the refdes interferes with the other silk;
> > better to move it just below pins 6/7
>
> I'm not sure how to deal with that in footprint files.

When you're creating the footprint, after you convert it but before
you save it, name it "X123" or something.  Move and size the refdes,
then name it "" before saving (or delete the name with a text editor
later).

> Do you have a pointer on Attribute() use?  I looked at some .fp files
> installed on my machine and in the gedasymbols CVS but found no examples.

Attribute() is documented in the pcb manual; you can use it for
anything though.  Look at some of my footprints on gedasymbols for
examples.