Re: gEDA-user: Outline disappears

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 18:32 -0700, David Griffith wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, epswint wrote:
>
> > When dragging objects in PCB I normally have a skeletal red outline of
> > the affected objects, but the outline randomly (trouble-shooter's
> > favorite bug description, I know) disappears.  Restarting PCB doesn't
> > always seem to bring it back, either.  Am I inadvertently turning this
> > feature off with other keyboard shortcuts, or could this be a bug?
> > Fedora 7 with PCB 20080202.
>
> I had that happen too a couple hours ago.  I'm using Ubuntu 8.04.

Its a known bug (or multiple bugs?) which have since been fixed in CVS.
There hasn't yet been a released version of PCB which encorporated those
fixes, but building CVS isn't really that hard if you want the latest
and greatest...

The bug trigger was probably something to do with dragging outside PCB's
window bounds, but I can't recall exactly. Thanks go to Tomaz Solc for
the fixes.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,