Re: gEDA-user: the joy and sadness of new boards

> Yeah, its tough to do yourself. Did you just forget to put the
> necessary grooving in your drill info, or haven't you crossed that
> bridge before?

33each doesn't allow v-scoring or tab routing.  I did pay extra for
"multiple parts" though, I figured an extra $50 to get 50 boards
instead of 5 was a good deal.

> Some people still use a row of holes as a snap-off line, but
> grooving with a router is pretty much the norm now.

I tried that with my wood router, but it didn't work so well.

On the "Joy" side of the equation, I just finished regrinding a
circular saw blade for v-scoring, and it worked like a charm.  I took
an old plywood blade (7-1/4" diam, teeth about 3/16 apart) and did an
initial grind with my angle grinder, then a final grind with a
coarse/fine grit stone.  Note: the blade was mounted backwards, so the
teeth would not "cut" anything (nor be damaged by the process), but it
was running.  I used a 30-60-90 triangle to gauge the angle.  GENTLE
pressure is all that's needed, and it took less than a total of a
minute of grinding to get those tiny points where I wanted.

After fine tuning the height to cut about 1/3 of the way through each
side, the board easily snapped in two along the cuts.  No evidence of
any burning, either.