Re: gEDA-user: outline layer

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 5:50 PM, gene glick <carzrgr8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When drawing the outline for a pcb, does the fab house cut right on the
> line, inside the line, or outside the line?

I believe they would cut to leave everything inside the line (within
the tolerance).

For PCB Express I draw a 1mil copper on the top layer to indicate the
cut line. They require 10mils from the edge to the copper.

IIRC the V-scoring at Advanced circuits produces a V that is no more than
30mils wide and they recommend copper no closer than 25mils to the edge.

For boards with edge mounted connectors my goal is >=25mils from the edge.
For a Micro-USB and micro toggle switch I have gone down to around 10-15mils.
For everything else I will do 50mils. 50mils from edge and 50mils
between designs
on a panel enables me to cut the boards apart with a hacksaw with minimal
cutting.

(* jcl *)

--

You can't create open hardware with closed EDA tools.

http://www.luciani.org