Re: gEDA-user: Surface mounted circuits in hobby projects

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One more question.
>
> I tried to desolder a SMD component, a capacitor with solder remover
> wick (copper braid), and it's very hard to do it.

How big a cap?

I desolder caps 603s, 805s and 1206s by wicking all of the solder of one
side and then heating the other side while applying a small sideways pressure
with the tip of the iron. The ceramic has small enough mass so that the solder
on both sides should be molten enough to enable you to sheer the cap off the
board without damaging the pads.

(* jcl *)

--

You can't create open hardware with closed EDA tools.

http://www.luciani.org