Re: gEDA-user: chipscope vs. rerouting signals to test pads/pins

Eric Brombaugh <ebrombaugh1@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> There's one little bit of advice you might be able to help with - I'm
> running ISE 10.1.03 on a Fedora 9 system and several of the GUI apps are
> impossible to run because they're linked against libXm.so.3 which isn't
> in any of the standard Fedora repositories.

I thought one of those GUI apps was the Webpack installer, and they've
made it impossible to bypass it by putting all the bits in encrypted (!)
ZIPs.  At least this was the case the last time I looked at it in late
2005, and this problem (the inability to bypass the installer) was what
made me choose Altera over Xilinx.

How did you get around the installer block?

MS