Re: gEDA-user: FT232R

   Quick FYI:

   The FTDI USB UARTs have noise immunity issues.  They tend to lock up
   after running for an hour or so.  And worst of all they only reset
   themselves when the USB cable has been physically removed.  It's a
   well known problem.  I would avoid this chip for new designs.

   Suggest looking at something from SiLabs.

   > Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 17:32:08 -0400
   > From: dj@xxxxxxxxxxx
   > To: geda-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > CC: MrUmunhum@xxxxxxxxxxx
   > Subject: Re: gEDA-user: FT232R
   >

   > Ah, the perils of open source. With proprietary software, your
   > problem is not enough symbols. With open source, your problem is too
   > many.

   [1]Check it out.