gEDA-user: New PCB user

   Hi, All.

   I'm new to this list and its subject matter, but I'd like to share my
   positive experience with PCB.

   I want to do a proto board (my first homemade one) for a Renesas
   H8S2378 (package PLQP0144KC-A), which has 0.5mm lead spacing.  I have
   always used ExpressPCB in the past, but it has a 0.5mm snap-to-grid
   feature, which is useless when dealing with such small geometries.

   I got online and started looking for free PCB layout software to
   design this board.  I tried 3 different programs, all of which were
   difficult, poorly supported, and not at all what I wanted to use.
   They were either way too complicated or just not functional enough.

   On a piece of good advice, I checked out PCB and was able to navigate
   the software and edit the layout in minutes!  I don't fully understand
   how to use it yet, but I haven't even gone through the tutorial yet.
   I'm also quite pleased with the supporting documentation and the
   "getting started" guide, as well as the ease of install.

   Thanks to all the people who have worked so hard to create this
   program!  : )

   Becky Gray

   Field Applications Engineer

   All American Semiconductor, LLC