Re: gEDA-user: 2 layer home-made PCB

It sounds to me like the person who designed and build this PCB did not know
that commercial PCBs have plated through holes.  It did not know this
at first either.
(No one is born knowing this stuff)  You can't make this kind of
PCB at home so home builders have to design their boards differently and
not assume a hole will pass a signal through the board.

What you do on your next layout is only have thru-leads soldered on
the solder side
of the PCB.  If you need to pass a signal through the board make a special
hole that holds just a short 1/8th inch length of wire and solder that
from both ends.

It turns out that surface mount parts make life easy.  Design your next PCB to
use surface mount resistors and caps on the component side.  Save s alot of hole
drilling and space.  At the very least make all the decoupling by-pass caps SMT

--
=====
Chris Albertson