Re: gEDA-user: 2 layer home-made PCB

Rob Butts wrote:
>    When you say a wire, are you talking hollow wire so that the component
>    can be inserted into the hole also?  I'm not understanding.  Does the
>    22ga wire lay beside the component lead?

No, if you have a component lead, that will conduct through the home made unplated hole zone.
If that's the case all the
>    thru holes will be too small.
>

>    I hate to use the word assume but I assumed the solder would just
>    bridge along the component lead to the other side of the board.

Nope, it takes capillary action to pull it into vias and even that doesn't work
automatically.   You'll need to solder on both sides to make a good connection
to both sides with a nonplated hole.

John
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1