gEDA-user: Can't draw traces in pcb

   I'm trying to re-route some traces in pcb.  PCB is not letting me
   route traces, even traces that are already there.
   For example, there is a trace on the component side going to a pin of
   a component.  If I delete the last leg of the trace going to the pin,
   optimize rats and try to redraw the trace it won't let me draw the
   same trace.
   What is it in pcb that prevents a trace from being drawn to a
   component or other trace and can it be over-ridden or forced?