Re: gEDA-user: gschem, alert if symbols in schematic have changed?

On Sun, 2009-04-12 at 20:24 -0400, gene glick wrote:
> Stefan Salewski wrote:
> > What happens when I modify one of my symbols, which are used in a
> > schematic. I think gschem just replaces it when I load the schematic?
> > Maybe it would be a good thing if gschem marks modified symbols when
> > they are loaded for the first time?
> >

> Doesn't symversion attribute handle this and report warnings?

I don't know.

But I think there was a recommendation that only official gEDA-symbols
should have symversion -- so many at gedasymbols have no symversion
attribute. And of course this symversion can only work if it is updated
carefully, and it can not decide between minimal design update and
electrical changes like pin exchange. Checksums would be really fine.