Re: gEDA-user: fritzing

Philipp Klaus Krause wrote:

> Looking at their website I wonder why they decided to partially reinvent
> the wheel and create this from scratch instead of making geda more
> friendly to casual users, newbies, artists, etc.
>
> Philipp

Looks like they want lots of information hiding.  If they looked at gEDA tools
they would have found a collection of tools which hides nothing unless you consciously
decide to use a work flow and not  look at some representations of data...

So they are probably deciding to go with monolithic design to help
hide info and guide mild mannered artist users.

http://fritzing.org/learning/get-started/project-view/

shows the integrated type of GUI.

This sounds like features we would like:

The Fritzing Environment can be rearranged by the user according to needs and preferences. The different sections and Palette
Windows can be resized, moved, combined, hidden or shown as floats.

They have a way to tie related windows together and change look and feel some to suit individuals.

John
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX