Re: gEDA-user: pcb-elements not working

On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 13:14 -0700, Lance Earl wrote:
>  When I run gschem2pcb against my project file, I get output that
> looks like things worked but I get some crazy surface mount footprint
> in place of what I am hoping for.

Getting a wrong footprint would be very bad, so I did a test.
I created a working directory called xxx, created a schematic with the
Reed-Relay symbol and used this project file for gsch2pcb:

stefan@AMD64-X2 ~/xxx $ cat p1
schematics Test.sch
output-name b1
elements-dir ./el

stefan@AMD64-X2 ~/xxx $ ls -l el
Reed-Relay_Meder_DIPxx-1C90-51D.fp

Works fine, I got b1.pcb containing the right footprint.

elements-dir ~/xxx/el

works too.

I have no idea what went wrong at your box -- I use PCB 20081128 and
gEDA 1.4.3.