Re: gEDA-user: Any chance to edit Gerbers in gEDA or other Linux software?

Stefan Salewski wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 11:51 -0700, Joerg wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> After some web searching I read that gEDA gerbV will eventually contain
>> basic editing functions. That post was from earlier this year so I
>> assume we are quite a while away from that.
>>
>> Is there another program that can already do that to some extent?
>> Basically where you can re-route a couple of traces to show someone
>> "Here, this would be a better way to route that".
>>
>> So far I am doing that with <gasp> MS-Paint :-)
>>

> I think there was a similar question in a german uC forum some months
> ago -- answer was that some commercial higher priced programs can read
> in gerber files. If this is what you want, and you can not find it, let
> me know, I can try to find it again.

Yes, there are commercial ones that can do it. One of them is from
Graphicode, around $500. But I am not too happy with it because it does
not offer transparent layers. Beats me why because without transparency
you must constantly hide and unhide layers to see what's underneath.

> I think latest gerbv can at least delete elements...

That doesn't help much ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/